Hands On Sign Interpreted Season
Our 2013/2014 Sign Interpreted Season is in full swing. We have some exciting shows coming up. The next Roundabout Show is Machinal in late February. The Atlantic Theater Company, after the wonderful Women or Nothing will be offering 2 more interpreted performances this year - watch the coming weeks for more information. Also coming up are Radio City's Christmas Spectacular and our continuing Interpreted Family programming at New Victory Theater. Check out our Cultural Calendar for all cultural events in NYC. And stay tuned for more exciting events and announcements.
Welcome to Hands On
Hands On is a New York City-based nonprofit organization dedicated to providing greater access to arts and cultural programs for the Deaf and hard of hearing communities.
To find event information, go to our Cultural Calendar.
You don't need to log in - just go to our Main Menu and look around!
Our services include:
- Publishing a monthly Cultural Calendar of Events for Deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
- Producing 20 to 30 interpreted performances a year, both on and off Broadway, including a theatre program for young audiences, Theatre Offers a Lifetime of Adventure.
- Providing a comprehensive Resource Directory for the Deaf community.
Hands On's programs and services are supported in part by grants from:
The NYC Department of Cultural Affairs
And the New York State Council on the Arts
- Second Stage Theater - Open Captioned Theater - Little Miss Sunshine(Open Captioned)(1 day)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art - Met Signs - Tour in ASL with voice interpretation(ASL)(1 day)
- Whitney Signs: Tour in ASL (with voice interpretation)(ASL)(1 day)
- HAD - Andrew Fisher, Deaf comedian presentation(ASL)(2 days)